Friday, October 31, 2008

This Hotel Room Smells

It does. Seriously. I don't know what it is, but our "suite" here at the Ramada smells like a mixture of fart and cigarette smoke. Hopefully, the bottle of Crowne Royal and Gentleman Jack on the TV stand will dull my sense of smell in no time.

I don't really have a lot of time to do picks because I really need to start drinking. It is a cocktail party after all.

If someone talks about "revenge motivation" as a reason for Florida winning this game one more time, I will slaughter a kitten. Georgia was absolutely owned in this series in the 90's. You think perhaps they wanted some revenge any of those years? How about when Spurrier put up 50 between the hedges? They probably wanted some revenge then. Trouble was, their football players weren't as good. And that's what this game is going to come down to.

It doesn't matter who wants it more, whose coach wrote about it in their autobiography, or how many circumcisions a team's quarterback performed in the offseason. All that matters is talent and execution.

I have been back and forth about this one all week. On one hand, the Florida offense is beastly. Demps and Rainey give the Gators the balance they need on offense.

On the other hand, the trio of Stafford, Moreno and Green is probably the best three offensive players on any one team in the country. And the Bulldogs' offensive line is improving.

If anything, the revenge motivation factor will hurt the Gators. Maybe they're so fired up to hurt the Bulldogs that they commit some dumb penalties. (If I'm a Georgia player, I'm talking as much trash as I can to every Gator I see to get inside their helmets.)

Really, I wouldn't be surprised if either team wins. It's that much of a tossup to me. However, when it's this close, I have to go with the school I attend. A Bulldog win would make the Landing much more fun after the game.

Too much Moreno and Green and a key turnover or two give the win to the the red and black.

Dawgs 38-Gators 31

Just decided that the bottles of whisky on the TV stand are more appealing than picking more football games. Have a safe weekend everyone!

No comments: